Highlighting some great small press comics criticism being published, as well as other random things that have caught my eye over the past week.
* Megan Purdy and Kat Overland have this great conversation about Kabi Nagata's MY LESBIAN EXPERIENCE WITH LONELINESS.
* Dominic Umile on Ellice Weaver's SOMETHING CITY.
* Hillary Brown takes a look at Andrea Pazienza's ZANARDI which she calls "foul, rude ... and not wholly without merit."
* Robert Kirby on I WISH I WAS JOKING by Tom Van Deusen.
* Arnar Heidmar's STRANGERS IN PARADISE RANTROSPECTIVE PART 1.
* Keith Silva takes apart his reaction to METAL GODS: A TRIBUTE TO JUDAS PRIEST from Decibel Books.
* Rob Clough reviews a few releases from the MINI-KUS! series, including:
- mini-Kus! #14: The Pernicious Kiss by Tiina Lehikoinen.
- mini-Kus! #16: Runaway Dog by Emilie Ostergren.
- mini-Kus! #42: Alien Beings by Laura Kenins.
* Greg Hunter talks to MICHEL FIFFE on Comic Book Decalogue.
* Joe McCulloch interviews KATIE SKELLY on Inkstuds.
* Zack Soto and Mike Dawson talk to ERIC HAVEN on Process Party.
* Elana Levin interviews REBECCA EPSTEIN on Graphic Policy Radio about her new book, Gently Murder Me.
* RJ Casey talks to JASON MURPHY about "his evolving style, childhood symbolism, and his new short story "The Character".
* Emma Houxbois' powerful unpacking of the death of CHESTER BENNINGTON.
* Iris Cushing on poet NIKKI WALLSCHLAEGER's new book Crawlspace, which "discovers the violence embedded in our most familiar structures: mortgages, meals, rooms, houses, family relationships, and language itself."
* Joan Nathan makes a perfect DAIRY BORSCHT for these hot summer days.
Post a Comment