Highlighting some great comics criticism being published, as well as other random things that have caught my eye over the past week.
(Note: I was off grid for most of this week, so this list was compiled last minute and I'm sure I missed a bunch of great stuff)
* Greg Hunter's review of Rebekka Dunlap's DREAM TUBE tries to break down this really complex set of stories by framing each of them into what they are reminiscent of.
* John Seven reviews Sophie Campbell and Erin Watson's SHADOWEYES which he calls "one of the most enlightened comics" he's had "the pleasure of reading".
* Hillary Brown reviews Tony Millionaire's MAAKIES: DRINKY CROW DRINKS AGAIN and I'm pretty sure she liked it??
* You know I'm rushing through this list when I include Nick Gazin's COMIC BOOK LOVE-IN -- really obnoxious writing about some great books. Think of this as "exposure" to what not to do, and my promise never to link there again.
* Alex Dueben has this really interesting conversation with FRANK VIVA about his new book, Sea Change
* Rachel Davies interviews JULIA GFRöRER about context, collaboration, and working with themes
* Chase Magnett answers the question: "WHAT MAKES BATMAN V SUPERMAN A BETTER FILM THAN CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR"
* Ray Sonne chooses three women writing INSPIRING AUTOBIO COMICS
*Ijeoma Oluo's WHY IT'S IMPORTANT TO CHALLENGE THE POWER OF GATEKEEPERS